We are poised to enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors and are seeking a professional & enthusiastic Assistant Accountant to meet the demand for our services.
Lawler Sustainability was formed in 2008 to provide an integrated approach to reducing clients’ energy consumption, their carbon footprint, and increasing sustainability. We are a CIBSE and SEAI award-winning multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified Building Services Engineers with offices in Ireland and the UK. We offer building services design, project management, sustainability and low carbon consultancy & more.
A well-established Irish owned engineering business is recruiting within their finance team for a Part-Qualified / Assistant Accountant. This is a key role for management as you will provide weekly and monthly reporting that facilitate decision making for the wider business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will work within a collaborative, high performing team environment within the head office.
- Analyse, report and provision of detailed weekly financial and non-financial KPI information and data
- Detailed review and reporting on weekly revenue and cash flow projections
- Support the Finance Manager on reporting and explaining all variances
- Preparation of the monthly accounts (bank and other control account reconciliations) and report explanations of variances arising within your division to relevant management
- Accounting for all sales and purchases
- Assistance with credit control
- Provide guidance to management on cost control
- Ensure requisitions for spending are uploaded on a timely basis and the ordering process runs smoothly
- Preparation of proposed payments
- Process payroll and related compliance reports
- Process VAT and related compliance reports
- Assist the team with preparing the annual budget
- Inventory and stock control
- Undertake and participate in continuous improvement activities for the Finance Department.
- Assisting in ad-hoc reports and project work as required.
What We’re Looking For:
- Qualified Accounting Technician/ Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA/CA desirable
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), comfortable building relationships outside of finance
- Strong Excel skills necessary
- Experience using Sage 50, WorkflowMax and Sharepoint advantageous
- Self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and deadline driven with strong attention to detail
- This is a specialist engineering environment, to learn the business, the role is based on site until such time as the successful candidate is ‘up to speed’ when flexible working arrangements can be discussed.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland – no visa process will be available for this vacancy
What We’re Offering:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement. If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.