The Energy Analyst job is supported by a state-of-the-art IoT measurement and verification system/software that collects data from the sites through sensors and meters and processes it with powerful analytics tools for informed decision-making.
Lawler Sustainability is a leading company in Ireland in the built environment sector and was awarded for two years in a row the title of Best Building Performance Consultancy (up to 50 employees) in the UK and Ireland.
We are looking for a passionate professional to join our rapidly growing Energy Performance Contracting team. Our vision is to become the leaders in Ireland in designing, implementing, and managing energy efficiency projects.
The role of the energy analyst is to provide clear and easy-to-understand management information that will identify energy-saving opportunities; budget risks; and the achievements of energy conservation activity.
The team designs and delivers remote services to improve the control of energy consumption using software systems, bespoke analysis, regular reporting, and the engagement and coaching of operational stakeholders.
The team is responsible for managing HVAC assets on client portfolios and providing feedback on the performance of these assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generation of Measurement and Verification reports, in accordance with the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol
- Undertake forensic data analysis of buildings and energy systems utilising industry-recognized techniques such as profile analysis & disaggregation, CUSUM, regression analysis, and baseload normalisation to identify energy waste
- Collaborate with energy consultants in order to contextualise energy consumption with a range of HVAC designs and tailor operational processes so they are fit for the purpose
- Remote energy reviews utilising consumption data and knowledge of HVAC systems at the site to identify and achieve building control savings for customers.
- Specify, design, and produce high-quality, client-focused energy monitoring and targeting reports identifying the number and scale of potential energy savings available
- Scrutinise client’s Building and Asset Management Systems to identify where systems are operating outside of agreed parameters
- Present outcomes and findings to customers and colleagues ensuring clarity on methodology, assumptions, and conclusions
- Establish good working relationships with clients, suppliers, and service providers and take responsibility for account managing their designated client accounts
- Bring an innovative approach to problem-solving by challenging and refining current approaches and methodologies
- Ensuring sensors on-site are live and transmitting information
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering, physical sciences, or analytical discipline is desirable.
- Specific energy management, energy engineering, or building services training is desirable
- Certified Measurement and Verification Professional/Certified Energy Analyst/Manager is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical energy systems in buildings and infrastructure portfolios
- Knowledge and understanding of driving factors that influence how energy is used in buildings and infrastructure portfolios
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
- Experience with Building Management Systems is desirable
What We’re Offering:
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Work in the vibrant city of Kilkenny
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct Exposure to clients
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
If you think you fit our role of Energy Analyst, do not hesitate to apply today!
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.