Are you looking to fast-track your career with graduate roles in one of Irelands top engineering firms?
Our company is hoping to recruit enthusiastic engineering graduates who seek to make a difference in the building services and/or sustainable energy sector.
Location: Pembroke Hotel Office Suites / 7 Patricks street, Kilkenny City
Employment type: Full-time & Permanent (after successful probation)
Tips: Full CV including modules studies / work experience & hobbies
Note: Graduates must have completed a relevant MEP / Energy / Sustainability course to apply
Who We Are
Lawler Sustainability was formed to provide an integrated approach to reducing clients’ energy consumption, their carbon footprint and increasing sustainability. We help companies to gain certification in the BREEAM, LEED, WELL and EDGE rating systems.
We offer support in the planning process, sustainability rating systems, optimizing client budgets through advanced energy modelling, creating your carbon roadmap and CSR.
Our projects to date have achieved energy reductions up to 50% , we have saved multi million euros in energy costs for clients and developed sustainable & energy efficient buildings.
Our vision is to become the leaders in Ireland for energy efficiency projects.
Lawler Group is made up of Lawler Consulting and Lawler Sustainability. Both companies are centrally located in Kilkenny City and have a client base that stretches across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business with over 40 years’ experience, we were awarded for two years in a row the title of Best Building Performance Consultancy in the UK and Ireland.
Our award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience. We work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors.
We have a diverse range of opportunities where you will be assigned exciting responsibilities as well as shadowing some of the top engineers in the country.
Dependent on area of study, some examples of tasks will include:
- SUSTAINABILITY – Use of/training on IES VE to produce thermal models and simulations related to a range of building projects in order to demonstrate regulatory compliance (Building Regulations Part L).
- Production of energy calculations, heating analysis and generate building thermal loads.
- Working on LEED, BREEAM, EDGE, Fitwel certification systems & MORE!!
- ENERGY: Assisting the completion of energy audits
- Procurement of equipment and contractors
- Produce Investment Grade Audits
- Project manage all sub-contractors and suppliers during the implementation stage.
- Regular site visits for sub-contractor supervision
- Constant communication channel for the client and regular updates
- Monitor and optimise savings during the performance stage via our in-house Lawler Vision monitoring and control system
- MEP: Become familiar with Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, Irish Electrical Regulations, Irish & British Standards and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Take Brief from Client / Design Team, relay information back to our Design Office to develop the Design.
- Develop close working relationships with clients and design team alike.
- Simultaneously manage a number of Projects / tasks
- Attend Weekly Design team/ Team / Client Meetings (possibly on Site)
- On a daily basis deal with technical queries that may arise from Clients / Team &MORE!
Who YOU Are
We are looking for highly competent, intelligent and motivated graduates who thrive under pressure and adapt to changing situations. To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- A genuine interest and passion in engineering
- A natural curiosity and interest in learning and developing new skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment across teams and deliver accurate results under time pressure.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an emphasis on being a team player.
- Have a growth mindset.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Studied in the area of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Sustainable or Energy Engineering or similar
- Fast-moving and challenging roles
- Exposure to a wide range of projects (€500k-€250m) in exciting sectors
- Close working relationships with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients and senior staff/company directors
- The opportunity to work on innovative, challenging, and impactful projects in a company that ambitions to lead the Energy Performance Contracting space in Ireland. Lawler Sustainability implemented the first EPC in Ireland with the public sector.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Financed internal and external CPD
- Early finish on a Friday
- Excellent work life Balance as well as a great culture and company social club that you will be invited to be part of
At Lawler Group, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity and inclusion.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.