We are currently offering a very rare opportunity for personal growth and reward with our position of Head of Sustainability Contracting.
Lawler Sustainability is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lawler Engineering Group, a CIBSE and SEAI award-winning multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified Building Services Engineers with offices in Ireland and the UK.
We offer building services design, project management, sustainability and low carbon consultancy & more.
We are the leading Building Services Consultancy in Ireland and rapidly growing across many sectors (eg. Education, Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Healthcare, Retail, Leisure, and Public Buildings.)
We reduce clients’ energy consumption, reduce energy costs, reduce carbon footprint carbon emissions and develop energy strategies while increasing sustainability.
We help companies to gain certification in the BREEAM, LEED, WELL, and EDGE rating systems.
We offer support in the planning process, sustainability rating systems, optimising client budgets through advanced energy modeling, creating your carbon roadmap, and CSR.
We have almost 40 years of experience designing, commissioning, and monitoring the electrical and mechanical systems that are responsible for energy consumption within buildings.
Our projects to date have achieved energy reductions ranging from 20% to 50%, we have saved multi-million euros in energy costs for clients and developed sustainable & energy-efficient buildings.
Sustainability Market Opportunity
The energy reduction contracting, and the consulting market will be a multi-billion-euro opportunity (in Ireland alone) for the next twenty years to support the achievement of our legally binding CO2 reduction targets.
Lawler Sustainability has led the way as an Energy Supply Company (“ESCo”) in carrying out sustainability contracts in the Public Sector with leading County Councils and also carried out the first EPCs in the Private Sector with market-leading companies.
The Lawler Sustainability proposition is unparalleled in our market. We are now seeking to appoint a Head of Sustainability as a key step to supporting us in achieving our clear potential.
The key objective of this role will be to build Lawler Sustainability into the most successful Specialist Sustainability Contracting business in Ireland over the next three to five years.
- Support the formulation of the optimum Energy Efficiency Programs for new clients and the construction of appropriate contracts to underpin the commitments and responsibilities of all stakeholders as well as clear client deliverables.
- Managing the successful execution of all Lawler Sustainability contracts, including
- Ensuring the appropriate allocation of Lawler Sustainability personnel
- Appointment of all sub-contractors required to execute contracts in line with best-in-class standard operating procedures
- The formulation of a detailed project plan to deliver on all Lawler Sustainability requirements in line with our contractual commitments.
- Daily and weekly delivery of all sustainability contracts in the most effective, efficient, and economic manner for all parties.
- Outstanding, clear communication with all sustainability clients such that they are always clear on; progress, timelines, benefits, any delays (including reasons for and plans to redress), cost overruns and our total commitment to satisfying clients’ needs profitably
- Ensuring the most effective and efficient use of resources on the contract and any subsequent recovery
- Optimizing financial opportunities in all areas
- Managing expenditure against allowances and report on each project, including where applicable ensuring we have the best rates, materials, and resources for each contract
- Ensuring that we foster a learning culture with Lawler Sustainability by
- Recording lessons learned (positive and negative) from all sustainability contracts and sharing with all Lawler Group employees, sub-contractors, and clients.
- Reflecting on any lessons learned and improvement opportunities in all-new sustainability contracts
- Researching opportunities to improve our performance via continued engagement with:
- Clients post-contract delivery
- Third-party competitors
- Other relevant subject matter experts
- Producing and implementing a target programme to improve completion and commercial opportunity wherever possible
- Actively participating in and supporting the Lawler Sustainability Executive Committee in optimising overall performance and delivering on our business plan targets.
- This includes establishing the required contracting structures, governance, and operating model to support the business in realising its potential.
- Building the Lawler Sustainability Brand into the most valued Brand operating in the Sustainability Contracting business in Ireland.
- Attracting, retaining, and developing the required talent and support who share the same passion for accelerating the fight against climate change in areas where we can contribute significantly.
- Growing Lawler Group internationally by supporting Irish Clients in overseas markets and growing selectively in these territories in our chosen sectors.
- Previous demonstrable experience working as a project/contracts manager with experience in managing multiple projects at any one time.
- A good understanding of all aspects of construction (and building techniques) including experience in minor and major works
- Comfortable developing policies, processes, and programmes for the company’s growth
- Good knowledge and experience in estimating, setting out work programs from scratch, and H&S awareness and practical implementation.
- Experience in writing and embedding a best-in-class procurement process
- Relevant qualification for a Head of Contracting role (including but not limited to Engineering, Architectural, Quantity Surveying, Project Management, or other relevant qualification).
- A keen intellect with outstanding project management/delivery and communication skills
- A history of successful implementation of engineering or construction contracting projects.
- An ambitious self-starter with the ability to energise others and deliver required outcomes.
- Being a true team player who has worked with professionally qualified team members and is comfortable in a matrix structure that supports learning and operational efficiencies without diluting clear accountabilities
What We’re Offering:
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Work in the vibrant city of Kilkenny
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct Exposure to clients
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
We hope to hear from ambitious individuals looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.