We seeking a professional & enthusiastic Facilities Manager to join our rapidly growing team!
Lawler Sustainability was formed in 2008 to provide an integrated approach to reducing clients’ energy consumption, and their carbon footprint, and increasing sustainability. We are a CIBSE and SEAI award-winning multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified Building Services Engineers with offices in Ireland and the UK. We offer building services design, project management, sustainability and low carbon consultancy & more.
Lawler Sustainability is a leading company in Ireland in the built environment sector, awarded for two years in a row the title of Best Building Performance Consultancy in the UK and Ireland. We have led the way as an Energy Supply Company (“ESCo”) in carrying out sustainability contracts in the Public Sector with leading County Councils and we have also carried out the first Energy Performance Contracts (EPCs) in the Private Sector with market leading companies. Our vision is to become the leaders in Ireland in designing, implementing, and managing energy efficiency projects.
During the performance phase of the EPCs, Lawler Sustainability manage the Planned Preventive Maintenance of all the Energy Conservation measures over the lifetime of the EPC, and increasingly manage the Clients Existing plant and equipment. This is essential to generate additional income throughout the EPC and to ensure that the performance of the contract continues to pay back to Lawler Sustainability over the full duration of the Performance contract.
Major additional opportunities exist on all the existing sites that potentially could improve the performance of the buildings through better optimisation of controls and at every exceptional maintenance opportunity to install more energy efficient replacement equipment. The opportunity to develop combined skills in Facilities Management Optimisation and Energy Management, will help you become a very valuable part of the team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Engineer to lead and manage a range of technical services across a portfolio of assigned sites for our clients. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Engineer to lead and manage a range of technical services across a portfolio of assigned sites for our clients. The successful candidate will report to the team lead and our Technical Director.
The duties and responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Lead Hard Services: Oversee the management and execution of all “hard services” activities across multiple client sites, including HVAC maintenance, heating systems, electrical systems, and other energy systems.
- Service Delivery Performance: Deliver best-in-class service delivery meeting company KPI’s and SLA’s defined in contracts.
- Team Management: Supervise a team of subcontractors and specialists and ensure they are competent, motivated, and equipped to handle services efficiently. Ensure the availability of and if required participation in the provision of out of hours emergency on call service as required.
- Client Relationship Management: Serve as the primary point of contact for our clients and other stakeholders regarding hard services, addressing their concerns, and proactively seeking opportunities to enhance service delivery. Deliver continuous improvement by employing standard methodology and innovation to advance and build long lasting partnering relationships with our customers.
- Maintenance Management: Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance plan to minimize equipment downtime and extend the lifespan of critical assets. Plan, schedule, and dispatch reactive services as required.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure strict adherence to safety protocols and regulatory requirements at all client sites, conducting regular safety inspections and addressing potential hazards promptly.
- Quality Management: Conduct regular inspections of facilities to identify areas for improvement, troubleshoot issues, and ensure smooth operation of client services.
- Commercial Management: Work closely with senior management to develop and manage budgets for hard services, making data-driven decisions to optimize resources and cost-effectiveness. Assist in preparing monthly client invoices ensuring financial and operational commitments are met and exceeded.
- Vendor Relations: Collaborate with vendors and service providers to negotiate contracts, monitor service levels, and evaluate performance to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Sustainability Initiatives: Identify opportunities for energy efficiency and sustainable practices, promoting environmentally friendly solutions throughout all facilities.
- Reporting and Documentation: Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, service reports, and performance metrics, providing regular updates to the management team.
- Energy Performance Management: Develop, coordinate, and implement services across client sites to reduce energy consumption.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Building Services or related, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in facilities management, with a focus on “hard services” such as HVAC, BMS, heating systems, electrical systems, and building maintenance.
- Proven track record in successfully managing multiple sites simultaneously.
- Managerial experience 3 years minimum
- Strong leadership abilities with the capacity to motivate and manage teams effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple sites and services simultaneously.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, building codes, and industry best practices.
- Proficient in using facilities management software and technology for maintenance tracking and reporting.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with clients, vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- A passion for sustainability and cost-effective solutions in facilities management.
- Experience in managing maintenance budgets
- Excellent capability with FM systems
- Good understanding of Energy Systems
- Experience in Building Energy Management Systems and optimisation
- Experience working energy saving projects
- Identification, reporting, and implementation of energy savings opportunities
- Develop, coordinate, and implement projects across client sites to reduce energy consumption
- Energy trending & monitoring across client sites
- Sound knowledge of current Health and Safety requirements
- Full Irish driving license essential
What We’re Offering
- Competitive salary: Dependent on experience
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Pension Scheme / Bike to work scheme
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- Great culture and company social club
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Be part of a CIBSE award winning engineering firm
- 21 days annual leave including Good Friday
If you are a motivated Facilities Manager with a passion for excellence and driving success in “hard services,” we invite you to join our team and make a difference! Apply now and become a crucial part of our journey towards delivering exceptional facilities management solutions. We hope to hear from ambitious Facility Managers looking to work in a company which places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement. If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today! Check out our Careers Page for more exciting roles including Mechanical, Design, Sustainability, graduate engineers and Energy roles!
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.