Lawler Group consist of two Independent Companies, Lawler Consulting is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified Building Services Engineers with offices in Kilkenny, Cork, Dublin, and London. We offer a range of engineering services including building services design, project management, and sustainability, and low carbon consultancy. Our company is rapidly growing within all construction sectors including Education, Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, Retail and Hotels & Leisure.
Our sister Company Lawler Sustainability is an award-winning Energy Services Company with a unique market approach to delivering value to its clients through a combination of Energy Efficiency Upgrades and Energy focused Facility Management.
Lawler Group are actively seeking a Procurement Manager who will work with both Companies to assist in Outsourcing Professional, Technical & Sustainability Services, along with Procurement of Maintenance & Specialist Mechanical, Electrical, Commissioning Contractors & equipment.
The position is full-time & based at Head Office in Kilkenny.
- Prequalification and shortlisting of Suppliers & Contractors for our facilities management & Contracting elements of our Business.
- Procurement of goods and services packages.
- Working closely with our Contracting & Maintenance Division to competitively price projects.
- Working closely with our Finance Department to manage supplier payments & purchases.
- Ordering of materials, goods & services in a timely manner.
- Negotiation of pricing with suppliers, contractors & professionals.
- Award recommendations.
- Contract management & finalisation
- Value management and ranking
- Competitive benchmarking and trend analysis
- Data coordination
- Document management
- Administrative support
- Contract management and administration
- Lead procurement meetings.
- Monthly reporting & dashboards.
- 3 years plus experience in the area of procurement of goods & services.
- Familiarity with Public Procurement procedures e.g. e-tenders & Crown Commercial Service (UK) would be an advantage.
- Technical Qualification in either a Trades (Plumbing or Electrical) & or Engineering.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Construction industry experience is essential.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Positive teamwork attitude
- Excellent IT skills, including database management and analytics
- Passion for reducing costs and a track record of success in this area
- Ability to quickly adapt to new processes within the organization
- Self-motivated and independent worker.