We are poised to enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors and are seeking a Senior Sustainability Engineer to meet the demand for our services.
Lawler Sustainability is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Lawler Sustainability was formed in 2008 to provide an integrated approach to reducing clients’ energy consumption, their carbon footprint, and increasing sustainability.
- You will manage multiple certification projects, LEED, BREEAM, Fitwel, & Edge and provide guidance to junior members of staff
- You will manage SEAI Grant applications such as EXEED
- You will use IES VE to produce thermal models and simulations related to a range of building projects in order to demonstrate regulatory compliance (Building Regulations Part L).
- You will produce energy calculations, heat analysis, and generate building thermal loads.
- You will be part of a highly motivated design team dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of buildings. This will be done by producing technically accurate work and liaising effectively with the rest of the team and using relevant software.
- You will assist junior engineers with mentoring/guidance
- Report to the Head Of Sustainability regarding all areas of project progress and assist with Client management
What We’re Looking For:
- An experienced engineer with 5+ years from either a Mechanical or Sustainability background
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in Thermal Modelling using IES VE with a solid understanding of MEP services
- Chartered with either CIBSE or IEI or on Chartership pathway
- Strong understanding of current Building Regulations including Part L and Part FStrong understanding of SEAI Grants, SI426 Energy Audit process, and certification systems such as LEED and BREEAM
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or Masters in Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Ability to carry out IES Thermal Modelling / Sustainability / Mechanical / IES VE Heat Loads Energy Calculations
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Have a passion for sustainability
- Own transportation
What We’re Offering:
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Work in the vibrant city of Kilkenny
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct Exposure to clients
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
We hope to hear from ambitious individuals looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.