Lawler Sustainability have worked with Portarlington Leisure Centre since 2011. Initially, our team undertook an energy audit of the leisure centre with a view to guiding Laois County Council to secure government funding through various energy grants. Several problems or background issues were identified as a result of the initial energy audit and the resulting opportunities were put forward as part of an energy upgrade.
The complex has undertaken almost €300k in energy upgrades with the guidance of Lawler Sustainability since 2011.
- Boiler replacement and domestic hot water system reconfiguration
- Pool temperature control integration with BMS
- Pool water quality and turnover improved with installation of UV disinfection system
- Pool pump energy consumption and speed control
- Calibration of Building Energy Management System
- Gym ventilation and AC controls opportunities
- Water conservation measures
Congratulations to Portarlington Leisure Centre who won Best Leisure Centre in Ireland at the National Quality Standards Awards 2019 (NQSA). The NQSA is awarded to facilities that meet the operational standards for leisure and fitness facilities across 250 quality-based criteria. The standard is designed to encourage continuous improvement within the sector and recognises facilities for their remarkable standards in the areas of safety, hygiene, customer service and human resources.
Well done to the Portarlington Leisure Centre on winning this most sought-after and respected accolade in the leisure and fitness industry.